Thursday, July 16, 2009

what's your deal

So,
I have just deleted two other blogs that wrote in on a mostly daily basis because I write too much junk. There comes a time in every man's life when...

he realizes that he writes/eats/wants to collect too much junk. This happens to women too.

And,
I like to begin sentences with conjunctions.

So,
after this blog consolidation, I must revamp my approach toward Songs From the Office - shall it be just a summer blog, as I will not be working in an office this fall? Which begs a bigger question about the nature of blogging: should I write one blog about whatever I want without placing topical limitations, or should I create and manage a few, each with its separate personality and purpose?

And,
Should I write in a stylistically consistent manner or allow myself to use words like Paul Cezanne used paint?

So,
I'm going to stop 1. beginning sentences with conjunctions 2. writing/posting rough, rough drafts and 3. defining my personal philosophy on blogging because, who cares about that?

For this first non-song-form blog entry (although, you are welcome to put this entry into a song if you so desire) I will voice a message to this Blog entity:

What is your deal, blog. What do you actually do.

1 comment: